Monday, September 17, 2007

Letter from an Adopter - Milo

Hello :)

I'm responding to the message on our answering machine asking about our new adopted kitten Fudge.
We got Fudge around the beginning of July. I have always wanted a black kitten, and since July 7 was my birthday, I wheedled and begged until I convince my husband to let me adopt a kitten. I knew I wanted to get a rescue kitten, so I headed to your facility. There were a few really cute kittens being played with.... gray tabbies, gray with white, orange fluffy ones and three or four black ones. We played with them all, but I didn't really get a chance to see the black ones since there was someone playing with them already. They were all adorable, but I wanted to go back the next day. This time we had the kittens mostly to ourselves, and I bent down to pet the one I saw scampering around with lots of energy. That little guy jumped up to meet my hand, purring and purring and was very vocal...and I knew that he was the one. His name was Fudge and we scooped him up and took him home, and I named him Milo.
We had never seen such a friendly kitten with such a motor on him! He made himself right at home and for the first month slept on my pillow next to my head. We were keeping him separated from the other animals for the first few weeks, then we put up a child gate so the other can and my two collies could get a look at him and he could see what his famly was made up of. The dogs adore cats, so that wasn't an issue, but of course my other cat, Smudge, did the usual hissing...but was plainly curious about our little black fuzzball. Within a few weeks those two kitties were chasing and playing with each other. Smudge has only had my old kitty Zoom for company, and he's only 2 years old, so he needed a playmate...and Milo really filled that spot.
We adore Milo...he comes up onto my bed in the middle of the night, purring and purring and snuggles in under my chin. He is so full of life...he runs everywhere! We love having a kitten in our house again. He and Smudge are the best of buddies, and he's even made friends with our dogs...he rubs against their legs and purrs. I call him my little Lovebug. He particularly likes kitty treats, and we taught him to come running when we call his name by giving him one. He learned that fast! His favorite things are feathers, bugs and sleeping out on our deck. The only health problem he had when we got him were ear mites...he had a pretty bad case of them but we got that cleared up pretty quickly. Other than that, he's a healthy happy kitten who has brightened our lives immensely. We're so grateful that your rescue was there and that you provide such a wonderful service for so many homeless cats and kittens.
Thank-you,
Angie